Monday, May 23, 2011

How He Asked

How He Asked-
On May 8th, 2011, Jason asked me to be his wife. I had gone over that moment a thousand times in my head before. How would he do it? Where would we be? What would I be wearing? In the end, none of those things mattered. I was standing in our bedroom sorting laundry. I had just begun to change my clothes to go to my parents house. I was standing in a pair of jean shorts and a bra and when I turned around to ask Jason a question, he was down on one knee. I was so surprised! I wasn’t expecting it at that moment at all. I had always imagined we would be out to dinner or on a trip somewhere, not standing half dressed in the bedroom. Despite all my previous imaginings, it was perfect. Just me and him in our home. No flash or flare. No big event. Just us. Just how it is supposed to be. 
We spent the next few minutes just hugging and kissing. He finally had to remind me to put the ring on. In the commotion of me saying yes, he had set the mahogany ring box down on the bathroom counter. I pulled the ring, containing a two carat center stone, out of the box and slid it onto my finger. Since that moment I have not been able to look at my hand without my heart skipping a beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment