Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Engagement Pictures

Jason and I are really really lucky when it comes to our photographer. His name is Mike Brown, and I have known him for about 5 years. He works for a company called Lou Coopey All Pro School Pictures which was the school picture photographer from when I was a yearbook adviser. When I was first trying to decide on a photographer, I put a post up on Facebook asking if anyone could suggest a photographer. All my friends who had been married recently, for the most part, recommended their own photographers. Them my mom posted four words: What about Lou Coopey? That was it! I knew the moment I read it that Mike would be willing to take our pictures and that he would be perfect. He isn't necessarily a wedding photographer by trade but he is a phenomenal photographer who looks at photography as an art form. He takes the photographs he shoots very seriously and very passionately, and he wants to translate them as art.   Mike has such an awesome personality that it is hard not to smile the whole time he is taking pictures. And to be honest, he didn't have to do engagement pictures for us. He is going to be with us for 12 hours on the day of our wedding.... and he is charging us next to nothing. He didn't ask us for anything additional to spend his Sunday morning with us, either.

The morning of our engagement picture session, I got up at 5:00am to curl my hair. Our pictures weren't scheduled until 8am, but I just wanted them to be perfect! We arrived at Tempe Town Lake and Mike was already there. Over the next couple hours, he took us all over downtown Tempe: the Hayden Flour Mill, the old railroad bridge, the lightrail station, and Monti's La Casa Vieja. About halfway through, Jason and I had to climb into the back of Mike's Lou Coopey Photo Van to change our clothes, which was a hilarious experience. Its amazing we came out looking so well put together.

I don't think it would be possible to love these pictures any more than I already do!! Mike did an amazing job, and I can't wait to see how my wedding pictures will turn out!!


















































1 comment: