Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Something Old

For my baptism, my godparents, Paul and Carol Gissel, gave me an "add-a-pearl" necklace. Add-a-pearl is a jewelry company that will add one pearl at a time to a string of pearls. They are hand knotted and come in all different sizes. Originally, my necklace was on a gold chain. Paul and Carol continued the tradition of adding pearls to it until I was eight years old. Since then, I have always considered it my "nicest" piece of jewelry because I have had it my entire life and it is one of my few jewelry pieces I own that is real gold and real pearls. I guess I have always imagined I would wear it at my wedding. It is so simple and traditional that I think it fits the style of my dress just perfectly.

In order to get it ready, though, we had two pearls that had never been added, and we needed to add another pearl so it would be balanced. I also wanted it to be restrung on a silver chain to match my ring. We took it to a jewelry shop in Scottsdale called Betteridge Jewelers. They are one of the very few remaining jewelers who will actually do add-a-pearl necklaces. When we got it back, I was, of course, in tears. I absolutely love how it turned out! I think it will be perfect with the detail of my dress. Now to find earrings!!
In tears after trying on the necklace for the first time. Me? In tears about something wedding related? NO WAY!
The finished necklace!



The work order with all the changes that needed to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment