Thursday, October 20, 2011

Will the REAL invitations please stand up?

I really thought I had it figured out. I thought I had the font I wanted and I even thought that the local Alpha Graphics would be able to make my dream invitations come true. Then we got this:


$1,272 for my invitations!???!?? This price doesn't even include the envelopes or the cost of postage! There was absolutely no way I could fit this into the wedding budget. What a totally ridiculous waste of money this would be! Especially because I know how much it would actually cost to print these. Their overhead was ridiculous! In addition, I couldn't get the font I had originally wanted because I refuse to spend any amount of money on fonts when there are hundreds of thousands of fonts online that I can get for free.

It was time for a new plan.

Call it good timing. Call it divine intervention. Call it a coincidence. Call it whatever you want, but when my old friend Sarah called me from Designashirt.com to see if I wanted to come in and work for them for a bit, I knew she would have the connections I needed. Sarah got me in contact with a great guy name Chris Sposi at O'Day Printing in Scottsdale. Chris not only got the price down by almost $1,000, he also offered to print my invitations at cost because he has such an awesome relationship with Designashirt.com/Anton Sport. At almost the same time as we got a new, much more affordable font, I located another font that I absolutely fell in love with. It's called CAC Lasko, and it is the most readable script font I have ever seen. Even my dad was able to read it... without his glasses!


The new invite font!
The thing about my invites is that there are soooo many pieces to them. They are tri-fold with 8 information cards and the formal invitation. I was so nervous about something being spelled wrong or about not having the right information that I had to have my mom and my bridesmaids proof read them. Here is when it pays off to know so many teachers... and a couple of them are even literacy-based instructors!


Lettice and Amanda doin' a little proofreading. Complete with Red pens! 



Chris was even willing to do our Save the Date Cards, menus, table cards, name cards and thank you cards. He has been so helpful, I can not recommend his company enough! The first time we met, he sat and chatted with my mom and I for almost two hours! I feel so great about my invitations now, I can't wait to see the proof... which will be here in a couple weeks!


I




No comments:

Post a Comment