Monday, March 5, 2012

My Wish Bouquet

At one of the bridal expos I went to with my mom, we saw this company called Petal Wishes. The concept of the company was really cool (check it out here: http://petalwishes.com/). At your bridal shower or bachelorette party, each person gets a petal to write on, and then the petals are all assembled later into a bouquet that the bride can have as a keepsake. I really really liked this idea, but Petal Wishes wanted $80 for their kit, and that just seemed exorbitant to me. I looked at their website and at what they had at the expo and I decided I could do something similar to their kit for much much cheaper. I also knew that it could be simple enough that Isabel would be able to put them together. She is my maid of honor, after all!!

I used a toilet paper roll for the base and covered it in yellow ribbons and pearls. I stuffed that with green platers foam so I would have something to stick the flowers in. My mom cut out the petals from some vellum we got at Michaels and at my shower, each girl wrote their wishes for Jason and I on a petal. After the shower, Isabel and I sat down to turn the petals into flowers. We poked a hole in the end of each petal, pushed a silk flower through it and then wrapped wire from a flower pick around it. Isabel also glued each of the petals together so they would hold. In the end, she put them all together in the base, and now I have an amazing bouquet to use at my rehearsal ceremony! As I walk down that aisle to practice for the big day, I will carry with me all the wishes for Jason and I from my closest friends- it doesn't get much cooler than that.

And it's SO much cuter than a paper plate with ribbons taped to it. Hee hee!













No comments:

Post a Comment