Monday, March 5, 2012

Tuxedos!

There have been very few things about wedding planning that Jason has wanted to be a part of. Pretty much unless it has involved food in some way, he hasn't really been very into it. For some girls, this would be really upsetting. But, with Jason, it actually fits his personality to be uninvolved in this, and I never really expected him to get super pumped about wedding planning.

So when we went to Lillian Lottie to order the tuxes, I was expecting a 20 minute drop in where he picked the least expensive tux he could find, plopped down his order and peaced-out. Instead, two hours and many surprising decisions later, we were ready to leave. Jason spent so much time choosing his tuxes and how they would look. He went back and forth between numbers of buttons and length of coat. He looked at every single tux at least three times. I was expecting budget tuxes with ties and he went premium tuxes with bowties. He really really surprised me, and I couldn't help but smile and feel this overwhelming sense of joy as I realized that he really really cares about how he is going to look on our wedding day.




This is the tux he chose!

The yellow color he is pointing to is the color the groomsmen will be wearing. Jason's tie ad vest will match my dress, and the dad's will be in black. 






Each of the groomsman and the dads also had to get measured. For guys that were local, they were able to go right to Lillian Lottie to get their measurements done. The guys far away had to find a Men's Warehouse or another tux shop to get their measurements. Here are some pictures of my dad getting fit for his tuxedo at Lillian Lottie:






I wasn't expecting to care very much about the tuxes. I guess I had just figured Jason wouldn't be that into picking them out so me being into them would be weird. Plus, staying distanced from the process prevented me from being upset about Jason not caring. But I was so so wrong. Jason was meticulous and caring and intentional in his tuxedo selection and I absolutely can not wait to see him standing at the end of that aisle waiting for me to get there so I can become his wife (and we can begin forever).























2 comments:

  1. Of course I care about what I will look like at the wedding. I am very narcissistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! I think the bigger picture here is that by leaving a comment you have officially documented the fact that you read my wedding blog!! (or at least you read this post... but that could be because it was about you, right? haha).

    ReplyDelete