Monday, June 20, 2011

2011 Phoenix Bridal Expo

You've all heard the commercials. You know the one I am talking about. The one where the two girls talking are both getting married and one argues that she can't plan her whole wedding in one weekend? In case you can't recall, here is a link to the monumentally annoying commercial:

http://www.thevisionyard.com/blog/wedding-photographer-blog/2011/arizona-bridal-show-commercial-features-visionyard-photography/

Remember it now? Well, as annoying as it is, a girl probably could plan her whole wedding at the expo. Lucky for me, I am NOT one of those girls!

I had the most awesome time at the expo not so much because I got a lot planned, but more because I have wanted to go as a 'bride' forever. And, I had the very best company I could ask for: my mom and my sister-in-laws Megan and Laura. It was seriously so much fun to wander the aisles and see all the stuff people offer for weddings. Some of it was a little ridiculous, like the girls who wanted us to pay them to make a Facebook page for our wedding, but some of it was also really useful. Even though I didn't go with any of the photographers we saw there, I was able to use their information cards to determine what I wanted from my photographer, and what a reasonable price would be.

We also got to do a tasting for the catering company that is preferred in Las Sendas, so we will have to look into them for the rehearsal dinner. The food was super good.

We won some stuff too! All three of us got to spin the wheel at one of the dentist's booths and all three of us won free home teeth whitening kits! They were a $149 value each, and I really hope it works! I will probably use mine before our engagement pictures, so be sure to look out for my pearly whites!

When my mom registered for the expo, she won a $1000 giftcard to a jewelry company so we were able to get Jason's ring for only the cost of shipping! It came in the mail last week. Check out the "Rings" blogpost for pictures. Very cool!

I really think that what made it so fun for me was being there with my mom and my sisters. They made the whole day just awesome and it was so fun to get to just relax and spend time with them.

Me holding my 'bride' nametag outside the expo.



 The wheel and my prize! Free home whitening!



 Me and my sisters-in-law at lunch at Sam's Cafe in the Arizona Center after the Expo.




 One of the photo booths that gave us sample pictures at the expo. LOL, 
These pictures make me laugh every time I look at them!




 More photobooth. This is the company we ended up going with. They were half as much and the same amount of pics. The ones at the wedding with have 4 pics and Jason and my name at the bottom.





 Another photobooth. This one was ridiculously small and ridiculously priced.
 Poor Megan. You can't even see her!




No comments:

Post a Comment