Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tasting

So one of the only bad things about having our reception at the TCA is that we have to use their vendor. I was really worried when I heard this that their vendor might not be good. What if we didn't have a choice, and then the food was horrible!? On June 7th, the caterer, Santa Barbera Catering, put on a tasting at the TCA so we could sample what their food is like.

I think the best part about this caterer is that they are willing to 100% customize a menu for the bride and groom and while they have a ton of suggested menus, they are willing to move and add things to make it just right. The next best thing is that all of the food for the reception will be made on site, not taken there from some other location. They have these huge trucks with ovens in them that they literally back up to the center and cook the food right there.

The downside of this caterer is that they are a little pricey in my opinion. Now, I don't really know how expensive this type of thing should cost, so that doesn't help, but some of the prices seemed a little ridiculous to me. With that being said, if this is the venue I want, we don't really have a choice in the price, and I will just have to try and save in other places to make up for spending a little more for the reception.

At the tasting, all of the food was amazing, except that both meat dishes were baked in alcohol. That will have to change for the reception. The staff was extremely helpful, and our rep with the company, Melissan, was very nice and willing to work with us and our budget. I think we have a menu set, and now its just a matter of signing the paperwork! I can't believe how this is all coming together!




No comments:

Post a Comment