Saturday, June 11, 2011

Afternoon Tea at the Ritz

Part of the fun of being engaged are all the events around town that I get to be a part of for the first and only time in my life. One of these events was afternoon tea at the Ritz Carlton in Phoenix.

My mom made reservations for this event, and I didn't really know what to expect. When we arrived, we valet parked the car, and the valet immediately asked if we were there for afternoon tea. They must really know their clientele! We were the first to arrive, and Jeffrey, the maitre'd offered us front row seats to the upcoming bridal fashion show. We got to  enjoy specialty teas, hors d'oeuvres, scones and dessert pastries. As we ate, we watched a vintage fashion show which included dresses from the 40s to the 90s. The models would stop and chat with us about their dresses and the jewelry they were wearing. One of the necklaces cost $25,000!















It was such a wonderful day with my mom. Its one of those things that I hope I get to tell my daughter about someday. It was something I got to do as a bride- one of those things I only get to do once!

No comments:

Post a Comment