Tuesday, June 14, 2011



Whats the hardest part of being a bride? Finding a dress! I went into this with a rough idea of what I wanted, but as I looked through magazines, some of the things I wanted appears on almost every dress! The one thing I couldn't find? STRAPS! What is it about wedding dresses that the designers don't want to put straps on them? I am getting married in a church. I think it is appropriate and respectful to have my back, chest and shoulders covered.

The first place we went to look for dresses was at Destiny's Bridal in the Borgata in Scottsdale. For the first day of dress shopping, it was just me and my momma. The Borgata is an really beautiful enclosed shopping center that is very classy and chic. This what it looks like:

                                           
I was a little worried the dresses here were going to be way out of my price range, but surprisingly they were right on the cusp. We worked with a very sweet girl here name Zoe who was from Chicago. We were literally the only people in the store with her, which made it really fun to try dresses on. It was like my own personal shop!


 The very first dress I tried on there was absolutely gorgeous. It would have been 'the dress' if I hadn't gone to any other places. It was slightly above what I was expecting to spend, but I figured I could sacrifice somewhere else in the wedding to make up for the cost. In the end, though, I ended up going with a different dress form the second store we went to, Lillian Lottie.

Lillian Lottie is a couture boutique located int he heart of Old Scottsdale. It is in an area know as the Fifth Avenue Shops, which is a street that looks like an old town main street. The store is owned by two girls who grew up together and named the store after their grandmothers, Lillian and Lottie. The owner, Meghan, worked personally with us that first day, and she really truly made me feel like I was the only bride in the entire world.

I tried on a ton of dresses here, but it was the last one that took my mom's breath away. That was how I knew I was wearing 'the one'. When I came out of the dressing room, my mom burst into tears, and so did I. It is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen, and it has all the things I wanted!

I don't want to post any pictures if the dress because I want it to stay a secret, but trust me, it is breathtaking!

At the end of that week, I took back my birdal party (minus Isabel and Amanda) to see the dress. Thankfully, they all loved it too! We are still trying to find bridesmaid dresses, but I hope we can do it through Lillian Lottie because I loved the experience I had there!

When we left the shop that second day, my mom gave them a deposit for my dress and it was officially ordered this week! It won't be here until November, and I can't wait!!

Me and my bridal party! From left to right: Megan (matron of honor), Laura (matron of honor), Me (bride!!), Lettice (bridesmaid). Amanda (bridesmaid) is in Brazil, and Isabel (maid of honor) wasn't able to make it. 

I just ordered my wedding dress!! Ahh!!
 Me and my mom outside Lillian Lottie
 Me and my mom again!
 Me and Meghan, one of the owners of Lillian Lottie, after I ordered my dress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment