Monday, February 6, 2012

DJ

It's hard to choose a DJ when you know one. Both of my brothers had Tom Murray, one of my very best friends from college, as their DJ. A couple years ago, though, I mentioned to Tom I wanted him to DJ my wedding to. I was met with an expression of serious disappointment. The problem was, Tom wanted to be invited to me wedding because he was one of my best friends, not because I wanted him to be my DJ. After that, I couldn't exactly ask him to be my DJ again.

I have been to A LOT of weddings over the years (you know what they say- always the bridesmaid, never the bride), and I have learned that the DJ can either make or break a wedding. I hate weddings where no one dances. I think the more people who are dancing, the more fun the wedding is. Really, weddings are the only place I feel like I can dance without being judged. Even if I get made fun of, at least I made someone else laugh!

So- this choosing a DJ business is hard work. Walking through the bridal expo there were like 95 booths for DJs. And most of them are not so awesome sounding. I was really concerned about where to find the "right" DJ! Then, last summer, my parents went to a party at the community center where they live in Las Sendas. My dad had really good things to say about the guy who DJ-ed the party, and passed on his contact info: http://www.boyerenterprises.com/

I called the DJ, David, and we set up a meeting. I immediately fell in love with his ideas at our first meeting. He was so focused on it being me and Jason's day, and not on him as the DJ which I had seen a ton of at the bridal expo. He really did a good job of making it about Jason and I. I ended up signing a contract with him that day.

David and I looking over the contract

After signing the contract! We're all set for David to DJ our wedding!
Since meeting with David he has been awesome. He sent us an entire timeline of the evening so we know exactly the order and timing of things are going to happen at the reception. We were also able to send it on to our photographer, so he knows where to be for all those key moments. David also met with us again so he could meet Jason and he has customized our playlist and events to fit just exactly what we wanted. I can't wait to get to the reception because David is going to be an awesome DJ!

1 comment:

  1. Just read this post tonight, 2/29/12, and omg you have lost some weight sista! Nice!

    ReplyDelete