Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Let them eat CAKE!

Ever since I have known Jason, he has been a "pie guy". He LOVES pie. I guess that's why it didn't surprise me when he told me he didn't want cake at our wedding reception. Nope. He wants pie.

For our rehearsal dinner, we went to Robert's Catering in Chandler. While we were there planning, the woman helping us, Wendy, inquired where we were getting our wedding cake. Jason explained to her his fondness of pie, but Wendy was relentless. Imagine Snooki from Jersey Shore in 30 years (although Snooki probably won't live that long) and you have Wendy. She is a short, stout woman from Jersey complete with accent, boisterous personality and tanned leather skin. In her infinite wisdom, she convinced Jason to just try the cake from Robert's. He was reluctant, to say the least, but he agreed to make an appointment for cake tasting.

At this point, I start getting REALLy excited! I mean I was willing to have pie because it's what Jason really wanted, but what girl doesn't dream of a wedding cake!?

Have you ever heard the song Yeah Toast! by Heywood Banks? That was pretty much my rection except I was like "YEAH CAKE!"



A couple weeks later we went back for our cake tasting. I have to say, after years and years of making cakes for my nieces and nephews birthday parties, I thought I knew what good cake tasted like. But my cakes are nothing compared to Robert's. The bavarian creme fillings they use are absolutely to die for and the cake itself is so fluffy and moist. It didn't take more than a few bites for Jason to be totally sold on getting a wedding cake. The cake itself will be three layers, with each cake being a different flavor and each filling different as well. I am so looking forward to tasting it in 24 days!!!

Looking through their 'catalog of cakes' was pretty fun! There were so many pretty designs to choose from!

Wendy playing around!

Like I said! He was NOT so sure about trying cake! But it's official, this pie guy has decided on cake!!


No comments:

Post a Comment