Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Making the Invitations!

I can't believe our invitations will get mailed this weekend! That means the wedding in only 7 weeks away which is crazy!

Doing invitations was one of the most fun parts of wedding planning. My mom and i looked all over for the "perfect" invitation, but it turned out I was just too picky! We ventured into the invitation-making business and decided to go at it ourselves. With my background in graphic design, and the contacts I had from working in the print industry, I was able to get exactly what I wanted. The invitations turned out abaolutley perfect thanks to O'Day Pritning in Scottsdale and the handiwork of my mom who helped me construct every single invitation by hand.

In the end, it took us almost three days total to get every one just right. Each invitation is different, with certain elements only going in certain ones, so it took time (and quadruple checking) to get them all just right.

My biggest concern is that I want my wedding to be a vacation for people. I want them to come to Tempe knowing that it is the most beautiful time of year here. I wanted to give information not just about the wedding, but about what people can do here while they visit. So, the invitations come with a ton of 'other' info too. I just hope everyone takes the time to read each piece! :)

I hear this is the "fun" part- when we start to get responses back from people about whether or not they will be attending. I personally have been able to find the fun in all of this. For me, this is when it gets real.

Bridesmaids Lettice and Amanda help proofread all the pieces to the invitation way back in October!

My mom and I got this amazing Groupon to this place called "The Scrabook Cottage" in downtown Phoenix. It was the cutest little place!! They had four different rooms dedicated to everything and anything scrapbook related. Each work station came with it's own architects lamp, cup holders, trash, cutting mat and more. We spent an entire day there in December during our first phase of constructing the invites. This is me putting together one of the invites at the cottage. 

The first bunch of  'completed' invites! This was before we went back through every single one to make sure it had the right insides!

My work station

Working on glue strips

The first totally completed invite. Its supposed to be good luck or something, right?

Round two - working at my mom and dad's to go through every single invitation to make sure it had all the right pieces based on who it was addressed to. It was a good thing we did this! We found two or three major errors, including one invitation that didn't have the actual invite in it!

The first licked, sealed and ready to mail invitation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment