Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mailing the Invitations

If you have been following my blog since the beginning, you know that invitations were a huge hurdle for me. I knew exactly what I wanted, but I just couldn't seem to find a place to print them affordably. After we found O'Day Printing, and got all the parts of the invitations back, I thought all my problems had been solved. Then we had the huge task of putting all the parts together, which took weeks. One would think that after all the invites were in envelopes and ready to mail, the difficulty with the invites would deifnitely be over. Not so fast. Now came the job of finding out whether or not the invitations would mail easily.

My mom and I stopped first at the UPS store just to see if they could tell us if our postage was right and if they were the right weight to mail as letters. They were't sure, so we headed to the post office closest to my parent's house at Falcon Field. Of course, it was closed. Thankfully, another post office not too far away was open on a Saturday and the woman there was really helpful. The invitations turned out to be too thick to mail as letters and would have to be sent as packages. This didn't really matter because we had the proper postage, and the postal worker lady was even willing to hand cancel them so there wouldn't be any post office lines across our faces.

Finally, just as they were getting sent out the door, something went right with the invites.

My mom holding the very first, totally ready to mail, 100% set to go out the door invitation!!


At the Post Office ready to mail my invitations!

At the Post Office ready to mail my invitations!

No comments:

Post a Comment