Sunday, February 5, 2012

Reception Shoes

A couple months ago I posted about the shoes I found for me to wear at my ceremony. I love them. I really do! But I'm not sure I can stand them all night! When I was getting alterations, I was able to stand in them for forty five minutes before I couldn't feel my toes. But, like high school yearbook adviser taught me, "Sacrifice comfort for style!" so I am completely ready to wear them anyway because they are stinking cute!!!

Once we get to the reception though, I need some shoes I can bust a move in! I thought about some white ballet flats for a long time. I looked everywhere for flats that I thought looked cute on my feet and cute with my dress, but it seemed like everything I looked at made me feel like I was wearing house slippers. Plus, My heels for the ceremony are so tall because Jason is so tall! I was afraid that in flats, my dress would drag on the floor.

I finally found a really cute pair of white wedge flip flops that were comfortable, tall, and perfect for my dress. I embellished them a little with some flowers and, while I love my ceremony shoes, these will be great for the reception!


So while I was going though this whole process of finding shoes I could wear at the reception, it occurred to me that my bridesmaids might also like some more comfortable shoes to wear at the ceremony. Thanks to Old Nay, it was easy for me to do this for the girls for really inexpensively. I added little embellishments to these too, and I think they turned out really cute!!



No comments:

Post a Comment